DIY: Outdoor Insect Repellent
This is an attractive and effective substitute for toxic outdoor insect repellents that you can make at home.
· 4 Mason jars
· Cedarwood, Lavender, Lemon and Thieves essential oils
· 2 fresh lemons
· 2 fresh limes
· 8 sprigs fresh rosemary
· Filtered water
· Floating tea light candles
1. Slice the lemons and limes – two slices for each jar. Set aside.
2. Place two sprigs of rosemary in each jar.
3. Fill jars ¾ full with filtered water.
4. Add 10 drops of each essential oil to each jar. (Thieves is a blend.)
5. Add the citrus slices.
6. Add more water if necessary to almost fill the jars.
7. Place a floating tea light candle on top.
8. Set outside and light. Keep extra candles on hand.
9. Discard fruit and water after 2 or 3 days, depending on your climate. Rinse the jars and start fresh as needed.